Friday, March 23, 2012

♥ i.


we normalize heartache
as if that's the natural state in which our hearts should be


no longer alarmed by breeches of trust
accepting of anything and anyone
broken - not because of any Why, but because of This Just Is


unaware of how much more we deserve to receive and give
"love" becomes just a word we heard in a song once
"happiness" an antiquated notion we read in a fairy tale when we were kids


ii.


every time you call me "sweet", I interpret it as you kissing my cheek


I am moved by your tenderness
Your gentle heart is a blessing in a world full of aggression 
A desperately needed reminder that not all is Take Take Take


I dreamed of holding hands 
And I've carried the innocence of that moment ever since
Proof of something greater than what we settle for

No comments:

Post a Comment